Japan, June 25, 2013 – Seiko I Infotech Inc. (SIIT) announced today that it is now showing for the first time at FESPA London the “ColorPainter M-64s”, a new low odor mild-solvent, high-speed inkjet printer.
The new ColorPainter M-64s offers 64-inch (162cm) wide printing in 6 or 7 colors, with speeds up to 66.6m² (716 sfph). The high speed printing capability of the M-64s was developed specifically to address the growing demand for high productivity from the signage and indoor graphics markets.
Specifically, SIIT has been focusing on the printing speed on PVC since it is the most popular material for signage and vehicle applications, and traditionally it is the most difficult to print on. The ColorPainter M-64s prints at the fastest sellable speed in its class on PVC using low-odor, mild-solvent inks, creating stunningly rich, bold colors that last longer outdoors.
Besides raw speed, the ColorPainter M-64s offers over 100 improvements towards functional productivity; SIIT engineers carefully and thoroughly reviewed all workflow steps such as loading media, adjustments, printing, drying, winding media and unloading media and made improvements to improve efficiency and ease-of-use. The results are most refined ColorPainter printer every produced by Seiko I Infotech.
SIIT also unveiled its new slogan of “Color On Time”, which represents the performance of this product in a short phrase. It was broken down into three guiding principles, “Fast”, “Precise” and “Reliable”. All the features and specifications of M-64s were developed along these guiding principles.
The “ColorPainter M-64s” will be sold through SIIT channel partners worldwide, and scheduled to start shipping within few months depending on regions.
1. Low odor & high speed SX ink SX inks supports both low odor and speed. It raised the maximum printing speed with sellable image quality to the highest level in the class. It offers an industry-leading, 3-years outdoor durability(*1) without lamination. SX ink inherited the SIIT’s traditional high density print characteristics for backlit applications, which makes effective light blocking consistent with extreme details in shadow areas.
2. 7th Color (Gray) model 7-color model allows the use of a 7th ink color – gray. The addition of gray to the standard 6 color inkset improves real monochrome printing with no color shift, and offers smoother gradations in color prints. The 7 color configuration gives the ColorPainter M-64s a distinct image quality advantage over other 6 color printers.
3. Automatic Printer Calibration This new function uses an optical sensor to automatically calibrate the printer when new media is loaded. Just run the auto print adjustment and then start printing with maximum quality.
4. On-Carriage Ionizer The on-carriage ionizer neutralizes static electricity on the media, automatically reducing static-related print issues – even in low humidity environments. It helps keep printing consistent all year around (*2).
5. Smart Pass Technology 4 (SP4) SIIT’s proprietary banding reduction function has evolved one step further.SP4’s new dot control algorithm controls ink flow and mixing to generate ideal dot size on each media, which results in superior image quality. This makes the printer perfect for both indoor and outdoor applications and effectively negates banding at high-speeds in each print mode, without compromising overall image quality.
6. Smart Nozzle Mapping 2 (SNM2) A new dot control algorithm has upgraded the performance of the Smart Nozzle Mapping function in the M-64s, hiding missing nozzles better when clogs occur.
7. Dynamic Dot Printing Technology (DDP) DDP controls and optimizes dot size and dot density to make consistently rich bold glossy colors with fine details. DDP also facilitates high density printing without any speed loss, giving the M-64s backlit film capabilities that no other printer has.
8. Improved Media Takeup Unit Now handles media roll weights up to 50kg (110lbs.). It offers a new loose mode that minimizes the potential for transfer of ink from the printed surface to the liner. A new slide out mechanism makes loading and unloading media easier than ever.
9. Media Lifter Media lifting mechanism helps operator load and unload the media on the printer.
10. Remote communication function CP Manager software, the bundled controller software that comes free with every ColorPainter, now can notify an operator by email or a Twitter (*3) message. CP Manager can be operated directly from a PC, tablet or cell phone and now communicates in even more ways to keep you informed about what the printer is doing. It also allows the operator to remotely control and initiate operations.
11. 2-year warranty M-64s comes with 2-year limited warranty (may vary by region). Warranty support is provided by SIIT’s authorized channel partners throughout the world.
12. Free RIP Software The ColorPainter M-64s comes bundled with ONYX RIP Center SIIT edition.
*1 Note: Outdoor durability is based on the results of SIIT’s accelerated weathering test,and may be changed by printing environment. SIIT does not guarantee outdoor durability. *2 Note: Effect may vary depending on media. *3 Note: Twitter is a trademark of Twitter, Inc.
SIIT is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of professional graphic printers to its worldwide customer base.
About Seiko I Infotech Inc.
Seiko I Infotech Inc. (SIIT) is a leading company in wide-format printing technology, and is a subsidiary company of Seiko Instruments Inc. (SII), headquartered in Chiba, Japan. SIIT develops and manufactures precision-engineered wide-format printing systems specifically for the sign, graphics, CAD, and GIS markets that provide industry-leading productivity and image quality. SIIT and its worldwide network of authorized distributors and dealers, provides complete printing solutions including wide-format printers, inks, media, software, installation, support, knowledge and training.
Contact Information Press ContactCorporate Communication Dept. Seiko Instruments Inc. Online Inquiry FormProduct InquirySales Promotion, Seiko I Infotech Inc. TEL: +81-47-392-2082 Website: http://www.seiko-i.com/
The content of this news release is based on the information as of the release date. Please note that the content may not be always up-to-date.